Thursday 2 November 2017

Colourful Baubles


Oh I'm so happy how these cards turned out! Love it when a plan comes together. As I was making the die cuts, I realised I could use the die and the negative space too.



When I spotted the Just Us Girls Challenge photo, I knew I wanted to try create the effect with distress inks.

Each bauble was a 4 step process ...I first blended the ink on smooth. Then I spattered with the same colour. Then I added a second colour and finally I spattered Gold Delicata.
The colours I used were :
Large Bauble : Base with Tumbled Glass, then splatters with Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet & Delicata Gold
Medium Bauble : Base with Wilted Violet, then splatters of Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers and & Delicate Gold
Small Bauble : Base with Carved Pumpkin, then splatters with Candied Apple & Delicate Gold

Here are some close ups ...



These are my entries for ...











12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your take on the photo this week is INCREDIBLE!!! I am over the top impressed with this card! It's lovely! Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful baubles and card. Great take on the JUGS photo challenge and the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Stunning colours and a fabulous mix. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous blending great effect with the splatters. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful ornaments! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and I love the gold touches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards!!! Loving the colors!!!! Could you tell me where I could find the sentiment? It's beautiful also!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ornaments are gorgeous. They remind me of the look we'd get when we heated our crayon shaving in the middle of wax paper. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, this card is so beautiful!! I'm Carol in Texas that was in your group for the Christmas/Holiday card Exchange. So glad I found you and your blog here to see how you did the gorgeous background for the die cut space. I love this card! Thank you, too, for the sequins! Merry Christmas! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails